|currently||Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK|
|Jan 07 - Dec 11||RCUK Research Fellow, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK|
|Feb 07 - Apr 07||JSPS Visiting Research Fellow, National Institute of Informatics, Japan|
|Dec 05 - Dec 06||Visiting Scientist, Department of Computer Science, University of Cyprus, Cyprus|
|Sep 01 - Dec 05||Ph.D. in Computer Science, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, UK|
|Sep 00 - Sep 01||Teaching Associate, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, UK|
|Oct 97 - Jul 00||B.Eng. in Information Systems Engineering, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, UK|
|RA position in the automation of scientific reasoning (Mar 2014-Febr 2015)
- Keywords: symbolic inference, non-monotonic reasoning, answer set programming, robot scientist, artificial intelligence.
- Closing date for applications: 5th January 2014
- For details search http://www.bris.ac.uk/jobs
with job number ACAD100630
or email Dr Oliver Ray
- Integration of abductive and inductive inference with application to systems biology
- Development of logical methods for the formalisation and automation of scientific inference
- Application of artificial intelligence to sports science and ocean model intercomparision
- Application of machine learning to energy aware computation
- K. Whelan, O. Ray and R. King.
Representation, Simulation and Hypothesis Generation in Graph and Logical Models of Biological Networks.
Yeast Systems Biology. Methods and Protocols, chap.26, Methods in Molecular Biology 759:465-482, Humana Press, 2011.
- H. Chang, R. Calogero, S. Draghici, O. Ray and T. Pai (Guest Eds.).
Intelligent Informatics in Biomedicine.
BioMed Research International, Hindawi Publishing Corp., 2013.
- H. Nabeshima, K. Iwanuma, K. Inoue and O. Ray.
SOLAR: An Automated Deduction System for Consequence Finding.
AI Communications 23(2-3): 188-203, 2010.
- O. Ray.
Nonmonotonic Abductive Inductive Learning.
Journal of Applied Logic 7(3): 329-340, 2009.
- D. Alrajeh, O. Ray, A. Russo and S. Uchitel.
Using abduction and induction for operational requirements elaboration.
Journal of Applied Logic 7(3): 275-288, 2009.
- A. d'Avila Garcez, D. Gabbay, O. Ray and J. Woods.
Abductive Reasoning in Neural-Symbolic Learning Systems.
TOPOI 26(1):37-49, 2007.
- O. Ray, T. Soh and K. Inoue.
Analysing Pathways using ASP-based Approaches
Proc. 2010 Conference on Algebraic and Numeric Biology, LNCS 6479:167-183, 2011.
- O. Ray, K. Whelan and R. King.
Automatic Revision of Metabolic Networks through Logical Analysis of Experimental Data
Proc. 19th Int. Conf. on Inductive Logic Programming, LNAI 5989:194-201, 2010.
- D. Corapi, O. Ray, A. Russo, A. Bandara and E. Lupu.
Learning rules from user behaviour
Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations, IFIP 296:459-468, 2009.
- Y. Yamamoto, O. Ray and K. Inoue.
Towards a Logical Reconstruction of CF-Induction.
Proc. Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence 2007 Conference, LNCS 4914:330-343, 2008.
- O. Ray and K. Inoue.
A Consequence Finding Approach for Full Clausal Abduction
Proc. 10th Int. Conf. on Discovery Science, LNAI 4755:173-184, 2007.
- O. Ray and K. Inoue.
Mode-Directed Inverse Entailment for Full Clausal Theories.
Proc. 17th Int. Conf. on Inductive Logic Programming, LNAI 4894:225-238, 2007.
- O. Ray.
Automated Abduction in Scientific Discovery.
Model-Based Reasoning in Science and Medicine, SICI 64:103-116, 2007.
- O. Ray, A. Antoniades, A. Kakas and I. Demetriades.
Abductive Logic Programming in the Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS.
Proc. 17th Europ. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, pp 437-441, 2006.
- R. Gladstone, T. Burghardt, B. Golenia, O. Ray, I. Culverwell, J. Gregory, H. Hellmer and T. Payne
Simulated water masses and changes near Antarctica: A comparison of oceanmodels.
Proc. IGS-Symposium on Interactions of Glaciers and Ice Sheets with the Ocean: Eprint 24547, 2011.
- O. Ray, A. Clare, M. Liakata, L. Soldatova, K. Whelan and R. King.
Towards the Automation of Scientific Method.
Proc. IJCAI'09 Workshop on Abductive and Inductive Knowledge Development: 27-33, 2009.
- O. Ray, K. Whelan and R. King.
A nonmonotonic logical approach for modelling and revising metabolic networks.
Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems: 825-829, 2009.
- O. Ray.
Towards a Rational Approach for the Logical Modelling of Inhibition in Metabolic Networks.
Proc. 23rd Int. Conf. on Advanced Information Networking and Applications: 918-923, 2009.
- O. Ray and C. Bryant.
Inferring the function of genes from synthetic lethal mutations.
Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems, IEEE, pp 667-671, 2008.
- O. Ray and A. Kakas.
ProLogICA: a practical system for Abductive Logic Programming.
Proc. 11th Int. Workshop on Non-monotonic Reasoning:304-312, 2006.
- O. Ray.
Hybrid Abductive Inductive Learning
Department of Computing, Imperial College, University of London, 2005.
|Feb 14 - Feb 15||Symbolic Support for Scientific Reasoning in Systems Biology (PI, EPSRC First Grant - £125k)|
|Oct 12 - Oct 15||Rethinking the Essence, Flexibility and Reusability of Advanced Model Exploitation (CoI, EPSRC/CHIST-ERA Grant - £500k)|
|Oct 10 - Mar 11||Using artificial intelligence to support computer experiments in ocean science (PI, EPSRC Cross-Disciplinary Feasibility Account - £21k)|
|Oct 07 - Oct 12||Logical Reasoning and Knowledge Discovery in Bioinformatics (MoU, Japanese National Institute of Informatics)|
|Feb 07 - May 07||First-Order Hybrid Abductive Inductive Learning for Bioinformatics (PI, JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship - £12.5k)|
|Jan 07 - Dec 11||Exabyte Informatics Research (PI, RCUK Academic Fellowship - £125k)|
The 6th Bristol Energy-Aware COmputing Workshop (joint talk with Simon Hollis).
Bristol, UK, March, 2013.
The 55th GRACE Seminar on Advanced Software Science and Engineering.
Tokyo, Japan, October, 2011.
2nd Symposium on Systems and Synthetic Biology.
Tokyo, Japan, October, 2010.
4th Spring Workshop on Mining and Learning.
Im Tal der Loreley, Germany, March, 2010.
5th CSPSAT Meeting.
Yamanashi, Japan, November, 2009.
2nd Franco-Japanese Symposium on Knowledge Discovery in Systems Biology.
Hida-Takayama, Japan, October, 2008.
3rd Spring Workshop on Mining and Learning.
Traben-Trarbach, Germany, April, 2008.
Symposium on Computational Approaches to Creativity in Science.
Stanford University, USA, March 2008.
Programming and Algorithms I (COMS10002)
(with Mike Fraser)
Language Engineering (COMS22201)
(with Steve Gregory)
Research Skills (COMSM2202)
(with Peter Flach)
Introduction to the Theory of Computation (COMS11700)
Topics in Theoretical Computer Science (COMS21400)
Artificial Intelligence with Logic Programming (COMS30106/M0005)
Learning from Structured Data (COMSM0301)
Departmental Administrator for Postgraduate Projects
International Exchange Liason for the Japanese National Institute of Informatics
Internal Seminar Coordinator for the Intelligent Systems Laboratory
- Chair: CISIS'14 Workshop on Intelligent Informatics in Biology and Medicine (IIBM'14)
- PC Member: 23rd International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP'13)
- PC Member: 1st International Workshop on Learning and Nonmonotonic Reasoning (LNMR'13)
- Reviewer: BBSCR (2013)
- Local Organiser: European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML/PKDD'12)
- Chair: ECML/PKDD 2012 Workshop on Learning and Discovery in Symbolic Systems Biology (LDSSB'12)
- PC Member: 20th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI'12)
- PC Member: 22nd International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP'12)
- PC Member: 2012 International Conference on Model-Based Reasoning in Science and Technology: Theoretical and Cognitive Issues (MBR'12)
- PC Member: 22nd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'11)
- PC Member: 25th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI'11)
- Chair: 2011 International Symposium on Symbolic Systems Biology (ISSSB'11)
- Chair: CISIS'11 Workshop on Intelligent Informatics in Biology and Medicine (IIBM'11)
- Reviewer: Theory and Practice of Logic Programming (2011)
- PC Member: 20th International Conference Inductive Logic Programming (ILP'10)
- Reviewer: Journal of Algorithms in Cognition, Informatics and Logic (2010)
- Reviewer: The Computer Journal (2010)
- Chair: CISIS'10 Workshop on Intelligent Informatics in Biology and Medicine (IIBM'10)
- PC Member: ECAI'10 Planning to Learn Workshop (PlanLearn'10)
- Chair: IJCAI'09 Workshop on Abductive and Inductive Knowledge Development (AIAI'09)
- Reviewer: 25th International Conference on Logic Programming (ICLP'09)
- Reviewer: 19th International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP'09)
- Reviewer: Artificial Intelligence in Medicine (2009)
- PC Member: CISIS'09 Workshop on Intelligent Informatics in Biology and Medicine (IIBM'09)
- PC Member: ICML'08 Planning to Learn Workshop (PlanLearn'08)
- Reviewer: 18th International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming (ILP'08)
- Reviewer: Machine Learning (2008)
- PC Member: 23rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI'08)
- PC Member: CISIS'09 Workshop on Intelligent Informatics in Biology and Medicine (IIBM'08)
- PC Member: ECML'07 Planning to Learn Workshop (PlanLearn'07)
- Chair: 2007 International Workshop on the Integration of Abduction and Induction in AI and Bioinformatics (AIAI'07)
- Chair: ECAI'06 Workshop on the Integration of Abduction and Induction in AI and Scientific Modelling (AIAI'06)
- Chair: 2005 International Workshop on the Integration of Abduction and Induction in AI (AIAI'05)
|COPYRIGHT: OLIVER RAY
||LAST UPDATED: 17/12/2012