Publications by Kirsten Cater
This is a list of all publications (co-)authored by Kirsten Cater that are contained in the publications database of the Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol. To perform an alternative search of the publications database, please go to the publications database home page.
- Alastair Smith, Iain Gilchrist, Kirsten Cater, Naimah Ikram, Kylie Nott, Bruce Hood, Reorientation in the real world: The development of landmark use and integration in a natural environment. Cognition, 107(3). ISSN 0010-0277, pp. 1102–1111. February 2008. PDF, 288 Kbytes.
- Mike Fraser, Kirsten Cater, Paul Duff, Using Actuated Devices in Location-Aware Systems. Proc. Tangible and Embedded Interaction (TEI 2008), pp. 19–26. February 2008. No electronic version available.
- Kirsten Cater, Richard Hull, Kenton O'Hara, Tom Melamed, Ben Clayton, The potential of spatialised audio for location based services on mobile devices: Mediascapes. Spatialised Audio for Mobile Devices (SAMD), Mobile HCI. September 2007. No electronic version available.
- Mike Fraser, Kirsten Cater, Paul Duff, Sharing Located Experiences through Physically Mobile Devices. Shareable Interfaces Workshop. June 2007. No electronic version available.
- Kirsten Cater, Richard Hull, Tom Melamed, Robin Hutchings, An Investigation into the use of spatialised sound in locative games. ACM SIGCHI 2007, Work in Progress Papers. April 2007. PDF, 206 Kbytes.
- Kirsten Cater, Constance Fleuriot, Richard Hull, Josephine Reid, Experience Design Guidelines for Creating Situated Mediascapes. CSTR-06-009, . October 2005. PDF, 3734 Kbytes.
- Kirsten Cater, Constance Fleuriot, Richard Hull, Josephine Reid, Location Aware Interactive Applications. ACM SIGGRAPH 2005, Conference Abstracts and Applications. July 2005. PDF, 590 Kbytes.
- Josephine Reid, Richard Hull, Kirsten Cater, Constance Fleuriot, Magic Moments in Situated Mediascapes. ACM SIGCHI International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology ACE 2005. June 2005. PDF, 160 Kbytes.
- Clodagh Miskelly, Kirsten Cater, Constance Fleuriot, Morris Williams, Lucy Wood, Locating Story. Proceedings of the fourth Media in Transition conference - the work of stories. May 2005. PDF, 937 Kbytes.
- Josephine Reid, Erik Geelhoed, Richard Hull, Kirsten Cater, Benjamin Clayton, Parallel Worlds: Immersion in Location-based Experiences. Proceeding of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, pp. 1733–1736. April 2005. PDF, 118 Kbytes.
- Josephine Reid, Richard Hull, Kirsten Cater, Benjamin Clayton, Riot! 1831: The design of a location based audio drama. Proceedings of 3rd UK-UbiNet Workshop 2005. February 2005. PDF, 126 Kbytes.
- Heatherly, S.V., Hayward, R.C., Hill, J., Smit, H.J., Cater, K.F., Rogers, P.J, Effects of caffeine and caffeine withdrawal on simulated driving performance.. Journal of Psychopharmacology, Supplement, 18 (3), A29. November 2004. No electronic version available.
- Veronica Sundstedt, Alan Chalmers, Kirsten Cater, Kurt Debattista, Top-Down Visual Attention for Efficient Rendering of Task Related Scenes. VMV 2004 - Vision, Modelling and Visualization. November 2004. PDF, 520 Kbytes.
- Kirsten Cater, Detail to Attention: Exploiting Limits of the Human Visual System for Selective Rendering. PhD thesis. University of Bristol. October 2004. No electronic version available.
- Alan Chalmers, Kirsten Cater, Exploiting Human Visual Perception in Visualization. Chapter in The Visualization Handbook. September 2004. No electronic version available.
- Veronica Sundstedt, Alan Chalmers, Kirsten Cater, Selective Rendering of Task Related Scenes. APGV 2004 - Symposium on Applied Perception in Graphics and Visualization. ISBN 1-58113-914-4, pp. 174–174. August 2004. PDF, 2568 Kbytes.
- Kirsten Cater, Alan Chalmers, Greg Ward, Detail to Attention: Exploiting Visual Tasks for Selective Rendering. Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2003, pp. 270–280. June 2003. PDF, 1677 Kbytes.
- Alan Chalmers, Kirsten Cater, David Maffioli, Visual Attention Models for Producing High Fidelity Graphics Efficiently. Spring Conference on Computer Graphics 2003, pp. 47–54. March 2003. No electronic version available.
- Kirsten Cater, Alan Chalmers, Colin Dalton, Varying Rendering Fidelity by Exploiting Human Change Blindness. GRAPHITE 2003, International Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Australasia and South East Asia, pp. 39–46. February 2003. PDF, 9736 Kbytes.
- Kirsten Cater, Alan Chalmers, Maintaining Perceived Quality for Interactive Tasks. SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, Human Vision and Electronic Imaging VIII, pp. 231–239. January 2003. PDF, 367 Kbytes.
- Kirsten Cater, Alan Chalmers, Patrick Ledda, Selective Quality Rendering by Exploiting Human Inattentional Blindness: Looking but not Seeing. Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology 2002, pp. 17–24. November 2002. PDF, 1484 Kbytes.
- Alan Chalmers, Kirsten Cater, Realistic Rendering in Real-Time. Euro-Par 2002 Parallel Processing. Burkhard Monien, Rainer Feldmann, (eds.). ISBN 3-540-44049-6, pp. 21–28. August 2002. PDF, 243 Kbytes.