Department of Computer Science,
University of Bristol,
Merchant Venturer's Building,
BS81UB, United Kingdom
(+44) (0)117 3315019
I am a Lecturer in the department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol. I am also affiliated with the Algorithms team
. Before this I was an EPSRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Warwick,
affiliated with the DIMAP
group. My PhD was completed at the University of Bristol under the supervision of Raphaël Clifford
My research is in the area of Data structures and Algorithms. Particularly, I am interested in both deterministic and randomised algorithms in the streaming model and other non-traditional models as well as lower bound techniques. Much of my inspiration is drawn from problems from the area of combinatorial pattern matching. I am also interested in combinatorial games, computational geometry, communication complexity, external memory algorithms and mathematical puzzles.
Academic and Departmental Involvement
Visits and Ongoing Collaboration
- (May 2013) Invited seminar speaker, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- (March 2013) Invited departmental seminar speaker at the University of Leicester, UK. Visit hosted by Rajeev Raman
- (March 2013) Invited speaker at the DIMAP/QMUL workshop, University of Warwick, UK.
- (Autumn 2012) Invited visit to the Danish Technical University, hosted by Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- (Summer 2012) Invited speaker at Stringology 2012, the 7th Israel Stringology Conference.
- (Autumn 2011) Invited visit to the Danish Technical University, hosted by Philip Bille. Resulting ongoing collaboration with DTU informatics members including Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- (2011-2013) Visiting research fellow at the University of Bristol, UK for ongoing collaboration with Raphaël Clifford and Markus Jalsenius