I am a Research Associate in the Algorithms team
which is part of the department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol. Before this I was an EPSRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Warwick,
affiliated with the DIMAP
group. My PhD was completed at the University of Bristol under the supervision of Raphaël Clifford
I am currently actively researching problems in combinatorial pattern matching. Particularly, I am interested in both deterministic and randomised pattern matching algorithms in the streaming model as well as lower bound techniques. I am also interested in combinatorial games, computational geometry, communication complexity, external memory algorithms and mathematical puzzles.
Academic and Departmental Involvement
Visits and Ongoing Collaboration
- (May 2013) Invited seminar speaker, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- (March 2013) Invited departmental seminar speaker at the University of Leicester, UK. Visit hosted by Rajeev Raman
- (March 2013) Invited speaker at the DIMAP/QMUL workshop, University of Warwick, UK.
- (Autumn 2012) Invited visit to the Danish Technical University, hosted by Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- (Summer 2012) Invited speaker at Stringology 2012, the 7th Israel Stringology Conference.
- (Autumn 2011) Invited visit to the Danish Technical University, hosted by Philip Bille. Resulting ongoing collaboration with DTU informatics members including Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- (2011-2013) Visiting research fellow at the University of Bristol, UK for ongoing collaboration with Raphaël Clifford and Markus Jalsenius