I am an EPSRC Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Algorithms team
which is part of the department of Computer Science at the University of Bristol. Before this I was a research fellow at the University of Warwick,
affiliated with the DIMAP
group. My PhD was completed at the University of Bristol under the supervision of Raphaël Clifford
I am currently actively researching problems in combinatorial pattern matching. Particularly, I am interested in both deterministic and randomised pattern matching algorithms in the streaming model as well as lower bound techniques. I am also interested in combinatorial games, computational geometry, communication complexity, external memory algorithms and mathematical puzzles.
Academic and Departmental Involvement
Visits and Ongoing Collaboration
- (May 2013) Invited seminar speaker, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- (March 2013) Invited departmental seminar speaker at the University of Leicester, UK. Visit hosted by Rajeev Raman
- (March 2013) Invited speaker at the DIMAP/QMUL workshop, University of Warwick, UK.
- (Autumn 2012) Invited visit to the Danish Technical University, hosted by Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- (Summer 2012) Invited speaker at Stringology 2012, the 7th Israel Stringology Conference.
- (Autumn 2011) Invited visit to the Danish Technical University, hosted by Philip Bille. Resulting ongoing collaboration with DTU informatics members including Philip Bille and Inge Li Gørtz.
- (2011-2013) Visiting research fellow at the University of Bristol, UK for ongoing collaboration with Raphaël Clifford and Markus Jalsenius