I'm a PhD student at the University of Bristol in the Algorithms group under the supervision of RaphaŽl Clifford.
Research interestsMy research interests are the power consumption of algorithms. I am currently researching improving existing online speed scaling techniques by optimally selecting the maximum speed scaler speed based on characteristics of the data.
In the past, I've worked on a simulator to investigate the performance of online speed scaling algorithms on real world input data and assess the relative performance. I've also researched speed scaling for the goal of temperature management.
- Speed Scaling to Manage Temperature. TAPAS 2011. Leon Atkins, Guillaume Aupy, Daniel Cole, Kirk Pruhs (Local Copy - Slides)
- Previously the organiser of the Theory of Computing Reading Group
- I've also been a Student Assistant for the departmental Admissions Days and Open Days.
- I'm the ex-Vice President of the Computer Science Society (CSS)
- I am a member of the Theory of Computing reading group