Hints for oral presentations
- Read long parts of your slides -- this is boring for the audience.
- Look at your slides or notes instead of the audience.
- Put too much text on your slides.
- Fidget with your notes.
- Try to make things as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Put the title and your name on the first slide.
- Outline the structure of your talk.
- Use slide numbers.
- Rehearse your talk 2 or 3 times. It will go much more smoothly if you do.
- Make eye contact with everyone in the audience.
- Speak clearly and loudly (and not too quickly).