Publications on Algorithms
- B Hughes, T Burghardt, M Scholl, Towards fully Automated Biometric Identification of Individual White Sharks using Computer Vision on Dorsal Fin Images. 15th EEA Scientific Conference. November 2011. No electronic version available.
- Daniel J Blueman, Chromatic Aberration Recovery on Arbitrary Images. PhD thesis. University of Bristol. September 2011. PDF, 9595 Kbytes.
- Sebastian Spiegler, Machine Learning For The Analysis Of Morphologically Complex Languages. PhD thesis. Merchant Venturers School of Engineering, University of Bristol. April 2011. PDF, 3101 Kbytes.
- Tarek Abudawood, Multi-class Subgroup Discovery: Heuristics, Algorithms and Predictiveness. PhD thesis. University of Bristol, Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering. April 2011. PDF, 1541 Kbytes.
- Steve Gregory, Fuzzy overlapping communities in networks. Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, 2011. ISSN 1742-5468, pp. P02017–. February 2011. No electronic version available. External information
- Ksenia Shalonova, Bruno Golenia, Weakly Supervised Morphology Learning for Agglutinating Languages Using Small Training Sets. COLING, 2010, pp. 976–983. November 2010. No electronic version available.
- Rapha?Permuted Function Matching. Information Processing Letters, 110(22), pp. 1012–1015. October 2010. PDF, 130 Kbytes.
- Steve Gregory, Finding overlapping communities in networks by label propagation. New Journal of Physics, 12(10). ISSN 1367-2630, pp. 103018–. October 2010. No electronic version available. External information
- Rapha?Pattern matching in pseudo real-time. CPM'09 special issue of the Journal of Discrete Algorithms, to appear, . September 2010. PDF, 273 Kbytes.
- Sebastian Spiegler, Christian Monson, EMMA: A Novel Evaluation Metric for Morphological Analysis. Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING). August 2010. PDF, 198 Kbytes.
- Tilo Burghardt, Neill Campbell, Generic Phase Curl Localisation for an Individual Identification of Turing-patterned Animals. VAIB at 20th International Conference in Pattern Recognition (ICPR), pp. 17–21. August 2010. PDF, 1472 Kbytes. External information
- Sebastian Spiegler, Peter Flach, Enhanced word decomposition by calibrating the decision threshold of probabilistic models and using a model ensemble. 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL 2010), pp. 375–383. July 2010. PDF, 275 Kbytes.
- David Arthur, Rapha? The Complexity of Flood Filling Games. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on FUN WITH ALGORITHMS (FUN), pp. 307–318. June 2010. No electronic version available. External information
- Rapha?Pseudo-realtime Pattern Matching: Closing the Gap. Proceedings of the 21st Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM), pp. 101–111. June 2010. PDF, 161 Kbytes.
- Sebastian Spiegler, Bruno Golenia, Peter Flach, Unsupervised Word Decomposition with the Promodes Algorithm. Chapter in Multilingual Information Access Evaluation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science. February 2010. PDF, 277 Kbytes.
- Rapha?Generalised matching. String Processing and Information Retrieval, 16th International Symposium, SPIRE 2009. ISBN 978-3-642-03783-2, pp. 295–301. August 2009. PDF, 151 Kbytes.
- Robert Granger, Andrew Moss, Nigel Smart, Efficient Arithmetic Modulo Minimal Redundancy Cyclotomic Primes. CSTR-09-004, Claude Shannon Institute, Ireland and University of Bristol. August 2009. PDF, 273 Kbytes.
- Rapha?Please see my home page for my list of publications. This list is not updated.. Please see my home page for my list of publications. This list is not updated.. August 2009. No electronic version available. External information
- James Marshall, Thomas Hinton, Beyond no free lunch: realistic algorithms for arbitrary problem classes. CSTR-09-003, University of Bristol. July 2009. No electronic version available. External information
- Ksenia Shalonova, Bruno Golenia, Peter Flach, Towards Learning Morphology for Under-Resourced Fusional and Agglutinating Languages. IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, 17(5), pp. 956–965. July 2009. No electronic version available.
- Anas Abu Taleb, C. Taskin, Dhiraj Pradhan, A Technique to Identify and Substitute Faulty Nodes in Wireless Sensor Networks.. The Third International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications, Greece. June 2009. No electronic version available.
- Rapha?Online Approximate Matching with Non-local Distances. Proceedings of the 20th Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM). June 2009. PDF, 193 Kbytes.
- Sebastian Spiegler, Bruno Golenia, Ksenia Shalonova, Peter Flach, Roger Tucker, Learning the morphology of Zulu with different degrees of supervision. Spoken Language Technology Workshop, 2008. SLT 2008. IEEE. ISBN 978-1-4244-3471-8, pp. 9–12. December 2008. PDF, 82 Kbytes. External information
- Al-Yamani, Ramsundar, Dhiraj Pradhan, A Defect Tolerance Scheme for Nanotechnology Circuits. IEEE Trans. On Circuits and Sytems I, . December 2008. No electronic version available.
- Martin Madera, Profile Comparer: a program for scoring and aligning profile hidden Markov models. Bioinformatics, 24(22). ISSN 1367-4803, pp. 2630–2631. October 2008. PDF, 99 Kbytes. External information
- Tim Kovacs, Artificial Intelligence through Search: Solving Sudoku Puzzles. CSTR-08-003, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol. October 2008. PDF, 212 Kbytes.
- Steve Gregory, A fast algorithm to find overlapping communities in networks. Proceedings of the 12th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (PKDD 2008). ISBN 978-3-540-87478-2, pp. 408–423. September 2008. PDF, 154 Kbytes.
- Tilo Burghardt, Visual Animal Biometrics. PhD thesis. University of Bristol. June 2008. PDF, 16591 Kbytes. External information
- A. M. Jabir, Dhiraj Pradhan, Jimson Mathew, GfXpress: A Technique for Synthesis and Optimization of GF(2^m )Polynomials. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, , 27(4). ISSN 0278-0070, pp. 698–711. April 2008. PDF, 657 Kbytes.
- Carlo Lisboa, Costas Argyrides, Dhiraj Pradhan, Luigi Carro, Algorithm Level Fault Tolerance: a Technique to Cope with Long Duration Transient Faults in Matrix Multiplication Algorithms. IEEE VLSI Test Symposium (VTS) 2008, . April 2008. No electronic version available.
- S. P. Mohanty, E. Kougianos, Dhiraj Pradhan, Simultaneous scheduling and binding for low gate leakage nano-complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor data path circuit behavioural synthesis. IET Computers & Digital Techniques (CDT), 2(2), pp. 118–131. March 2008. PDF, 488 Kbytes.
- Steve Gregory, Local Betweenness for Finding Communities in Networks. CSTR-08-004, University of Bristol. February 2008. PDF, 413 Kbytes.
- Robert Granger, Andrew Moss, Nigel Smart, Efficient Arithmetic Modulo Cyclotomic Primes. CSTR-08-001, University of Bristol. February 2008. PDF, 109 Kbytes.
- Ashley Montanaro, Structure, randomness and complexity in quantum computation. PhD thesis. University of Bristol. February 2008. PDF, 624 Kbytes.
- Nigel R Franks, James W Hooper, Mike Gumn, Tamsyn H Bridger, James Marshall, Roderich Gross, Anna Dornhaus, Moving targets: collective decision and flexible choices in house-hunting ants. Swarm Intelligence, . ISSN 1935-3812 . December 2007. No electronic version available.
- Steve Gregory, An algorithm to find overlapping community structure in networks. Proceedings of the 11th European Conference on Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (PKDD 2007). ISBN 978-3-540-74975-2, pp. 91–102. September 2007. PDF, 254 Kbytes.
- Ksenia Shalonova, Peter Flach, Morphology Learning using tree of aligned suffix rules. ICML Workshop on Challenges and Applications of Grammar Induction. February 2007. No electronic version available.
- Rapha?Fast Approximate Point Set Matching for Information Retrieval. SOFSEM 2007. ISBN 978-3-540-69506-6, pp. 212–223. January 2007. PDF, 446 Kbytes.
- Peter Clifford, Rapha?Simple Deterministic Wildcard Matching. Information Processing Letters, . ISSN 0020-0190. December 2006. PDF, 103 Kbytes.
- Micheal Weir, Anthony Buck, Jon Lewis, POTBUG: A Mind's Eye Approch to Providing BUG-Like Guarantees for Adaptive Obstacle Navigation Using Dynamic Potential Fields. From animals to animats 9: Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Simulation of Adaptive Behaviour. ISBN 978-3-540-38608-7, pp. 239–250. September 2006. PDF, 365 Kbytes.
- Inbok Lee, Rapha?Algorithms on Extended (delta, gamma)-Matching. International Conference on Computational Science and its Applications (ICCSA 2006). ISSN 0302-9743, pp. 1137–1142. May 2006. No electronic version available.
- Daniel Shepherd, On the Role of Hadamard Gates in Quantum Circuits. Quantum Information Processing, 5(3), pp. 161–177. May 2006. No electronic version available.
- Rapha?A parallel paralogous region detector. Proceedings of the 8th Fujitsu Parallel Computing Workshop (PCW'98). September 1998. No electronic version available.