Publications by Michael McCarthy
This is a list of all publications (co-)authored by Michael McCarthy that are contained in the publications database of the Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol. To perform an alternative search of the publications database, please go to the publications database home page.
- Cliff Randell, Paul Duff, Michael McCarthy, Henk Muller, Ultrasonic Tag Recognition . Advances in Wearable Computing 2009. ISBN 978-3-85403-248-9, pp. 87–88. September 2009. PDF, 80 Kbytes.
- Mike Fraser, Michael McCarthy, Elena Apsotolova, DriftShift: Positioning Pens and Paper in Space. Proc. Collaborating over Paper and Digital Documents (CoPADD 2007). November 2007. No electronic version available.
- Dylan Tutt, Muneeb Shaukat, Mike Fraser, Jon Hindmarsh, Michael McCarthy, Can You See What I See? Developing Coherent Support for Distributed Collaborative Video Analysis with MiMeG. Third International Conference on e-Social Science. June 2007. No electronic version available.
- Mike Fraser, Michael McCarthy, Muneeb Shaukat, Phillip Smith, Seconds Matter: Improving Distributed Coordination by Tracking and Visualizing Display Trajectories. ACM SIGCHI Conference on Computer-Human Interaction (CHI 2007), pp. 1303–1312. May 2007. No electronic version available.
- Michael McCarthy, The Buzz: Narrowband Ultrasonic Positioning for Wearable Computers. PhD thesis. University of Bristol. April 2007. PDF, 5877 Kbytes.
- Michael McCarthy, Paul Duff, Henk L Muller, Cliff Randell, Accessible Ultrasonic Positioning. IEEE Pervasive Computing, 5(4). ISSN 1536-1268, pp. 86–93. October 2006. PDF, 1055 Kbytes. External information
- Michael McCarthy, Henk L Muller, Andrew Calway, R Eddie Wilson, Position and Velocity Recovery from Independent Ultrasonic Beacons. Proceedings of the 14th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2006), Florence, Italy, September 4-8, 2006. September 2006. PDF, 1676 Kbytes.
- Henk Muller, Michael McCarthy, Cliff Randell, Particle Filters for Position Sensing with Asynchronous Ultrasonic Beacons. Proceedings of LoCA 2006, LNCS 3987, pp. 1–13. May 2006. PDF, 3580 Kbytes.
- Michael McCarthy, Henk L. Muller, Positioning with Independent Ultrasonic Beacons. CSTR-05-005, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol. September 2005. PDF, 130 Kbytes.
- Cliff Randell, Paul Duff, Michael McCarthy, Henk Muller, HeadRacer: A Head Mounted Wearable Computer with Ultrasonic Position Sensing. Seventh International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing - Demonstration. September 2005. PDF, 99 Kbytes.
- Paul Duff, Richard Swinford, Michael McCarthy, Angus Clark, Henk Muller, Cliff Randell, Shahram Izadi, Andy Boucher, Andy Law, Sarah Pennington, A New Method for Auto-Calibrated Object Tracking. Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing. ISBN 3-540-28760-4, pp. 123–140. September 2005. PDF, 560 Kbytes. External information